What connectors can be used with RocketIO transceivers?
Xilinx does not test or recommend any particular connectors; however, the following should work well at Virtex-II Pro RocketIO speeds (<=3.125 Gbps):
3.125 Gbps backplane (XAUI):
- Tyco: HMZd
- Teradyne: VHDM-HSD, GbX
- FCI: Metral 4000
- Molex: VHDM-HSD (modified/licensed from Teradyne)
- ERNI: ERmet Zd (same as HMZd, co-developed with Tyco)
2.5 Gbps backplane (InfiniBand):
- All of the 3.125 Gbps
- Tyco: Speedpac (formerly Fujitsu)
- FCI: Metral 3000
Cable (InfiniBand - 2.5 Gbps):
- Tyco HSSDC2 is the only cable+connector
- Molex has a modified version of HSSDC2
Fujitsu's MicroGigaCN was chosen by the InfiniBand Trade Association (IBTA) for 4x and 12x cable I/O interfaces.