3. Open the file <WVO>\standard\xaltran.ini with a text editor and add and remove device families depending on which families you wish to target on your system. For example: you may want to remove the XC8100 and add the XC4000E and XC9500 families. The resulting list should look like:
4. Create an icon for <WVO>\xaltran.exe on your desktop, in the START menu, program group, or in the Workview Office tool bar.
How to use Xaltran :
1. Create/edit a file called <WVO>\Standard\VF\project.lst to look like the following :
0 <--- Zero on first line of the file <full project path> <--- Path of conversion project on next line of file
2. Double-click Xaltran icon. Project displayed at the top of the window should be the project you wish to convert.
3. Choose the Current Technology and Target Technology and click on OK.
4. Once the program has finished processing, click on the Finish Translation Button.
5. Click OK on the Update Viewdraw.ini window.
6. Click on the Project Manager button from the Xaltran window.
7. Update the project so that the libraries and aliases are correct for the newly selcted device. For Example, to go from 5200 --> 4000E :
The line in the library list : <WVO>\unified\xc5200 (xc5200)
Should be changed to : <WVO>\unified\xc4000e (xc4000e)
8. Open the schematic with Viewdraw and verify the conversion. There may be symbols in the previous device family that are not availible in another so these components need to be replaced with equivelent components.
9. Perfom a check project on the design by opening the top level schematic in Viewdraw and executing :
Tools --> Check Project (common)
Correct any errors or warnings that may be found on schematic.
10. Implement design in design manager, creating a new project to target the new device family.