Why is my DA FIR v7.0 filter larger and slower in SysGen 3.1 SP1 than it was in SysGen 2.3? (SysGen 2.3 used the DA FIR v6.0.)
This issue has been fixed in System Generator for DSP 6.1.
The problem is due to a CORE Generator issue that is causing a problem for SysGen. When a DA FIR is targeted, the coefficients are not optimized, which makes the core larger.
CSET optimize_coefficients = TRUE
The CSET optimize_coefficients parameter must be changed to lowercase characters for the coefficients to be optimized. To manually modify CSET optimize_coefficients = TRUE, follow these steps:
1. Generate the ISE Project Navigator project.
2. Delete the XPC file in the "./corework" directory.
3. Modify the XCO files in the "./corework" directory:
CSET optimize_coefficients = true
4. Regenerate the cores using CORE Generator.
5. Move the .edn files to the implementation directory to replace the incorrectly generated cores.
6. Copy the cores to the "./corework" directory.
7. Uncheck the Generate Core option in SysGen, for each of the DA FIR cores.