Foundation: After unzipping archived project, errors updating xnf netlist
Keywords: xnf netlist error Urgency: Standard
General Description: A project has been archived and then unzipped on a different PC.
After making a modifications to the design, you try to generate an XNF file by clicking on the XACT icon or selecting Options -> Export Netlist. The software issues several errors and fails to write an XNF file.
This can happen if the project's library ID number already exists on this PC. All Foundation project libraries are given numbers, and this number is stored in the archived project.
When there is a conflict between the library ID of the unzipped project and one of the libraries already existing in the system, the procedure listed below should solve the problem.
In this example, the archived/unzipped project is called MYPRO and is located in C:\ACTIVE\PROJECTS\MYPRO.
1. Invoke the Library Manager (Applications -> Library Manager from the Project Manager).
2. Select Library -> Attach from the Library Manager.
3. Select drive C: and directory ACTIVE\PROJECTS\MYPRO\LIB in the LM - Attach Library window.
4. Click on MYPRO in the 'Libraries Found' list, then click Attach.
5. Find the MYPRO library in the list in the main Library manager window and write down its ID number.
6. Close the Library Manager and open the MYPRO.PDF file (using Notepad or any other text editor) located in the C:\ACTIVE\PROJECTS directory.
7. Find the [libraries] section in this file, and replace the existing 4-digit number followed by '=' with the number you have written down in step 5 (e.g. if the original entry was '1001=' and the new library ID is 1005, the new entry should be '1005=').
8. Find the LIBORDER entry in the [project] section, and again replace the old library ID with the one you have written down in step 5 (e.g. if the original entry was 'liborder=1001 71 53' and the new library ID is 1005, the new entry should be 'liborder=1005 71 53').