To view the pin names of large symbols, I need to zoom in on a specified area to determine the correct pin (when making a net connection, for example). When zooming in and out, it is easy to lose track of the location where I am working in a schematic.
The following procedure might be useful when connecting nets to large symbols with pin labels that are difficult to read when the entire symbol is shown:
1. Make sure the "Use the Autorouter ..." option is in the Add Wire Options.
2. Connect to the first pin using a press-drag type or click action; a rubber band line appears.
3. Move the cursor over the applicable pin.
4. Use the F8 command to zoom in; the zoom is centered around the point at the cursor. Use F8 repeatedly until you can see the pin names.
5. Use F7 to zoom out; the zoom is also centered around the cursor point.
You can also use data tips. Any time the cursor is held over an object, a data tip appears with information about the object. To view a data tip for a pin on a symbol, hold the cursor over the endpoint of the pin.