This Answer Record contains the following information for the LogiCORE XAUI v5.0 Core, which is released in 6.3i IP Update 3 and IP Update 4:
- What's New
- Known Issues
NOTE: The XAUI v5.0 Core is identical in both 6.3i IP Update 3 and IP Update 4 releases.
- RocketIO Transceiver instances are taken out of the XAUI Core and must now be instantiated by the user to allow more flexibility (the HDL Example Design provided with the core provides an example RocketIO instantiation).
- Added transmit and receive simplex modes in addition to the existing full duplex mode.
- Added support for 10 Gigabit Fibre Channel, which includes a 2% higher clock speed.
- Enhanced ModelSim scripts to make demo simulations clearer.
- New documentation has been added, including Getting Started Guide and User Guide.
- Corrected an issue in which the MDIO interface of the XAUI block did not work properly because the core did not properly wait for the "turn-around" in the MDIO frame.
- RTL simulation of the "transceiver.v" file in the XAUI Core fails because defparams are of type "integer" instead of type "string".
For more information regarding this issue and instructions on how to work around it, please see (Xilinx Answer 20034).