This Answer Record contains the following information for the Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.0, which is released in 6.3i IP Update 4:
- What's New
- Known Issues
Please see (Xilinx Answer 20083) for the installation instructions and software requirements.
- N/A (first release)
1. Support for the 1000BASE-X PCS/PMA or SGMII interfaces is not included in this release. It will be added in a future release of the Embedded Tri-mode MAC Wrapper.
2. To simulate the Virtex-4 Tri-mode Ethernet MAC in 6.3i, new SmartModels need to be installed. See (Xilinx Answer 19828) for more information and to obtain the patch.
3. There is a problem with the wrapper file when EMAC is used in RGMII mode where the data and control signals are incorrectly delayed rather than the clock signal. For more information on this issue, see (Xilinx Answer 20770). To resolve this issue, install the patch below and regenerate the wrappers through COREGen.
4. There is a problem with the wrapper file when the DCR interface is used. For more information on this issue, see (Xilinx Answer 20771). To resolve this issue, install the patch below and regenerate the wrappers through COREGen.
To resolve issues #3 and #4 from above, apply the following patch to the 6.3i IP Update #4:
Install the patch as follows:
1. Unzip the contents of the ".zip" file or "tar.gz" archive to the root directory of the Xilinx installation. Select the option that allows the extractor to overwrite all of the existing files and maintain the directory structure pre-defined in the archive.
Determine the Xilinx installation directory by entering the following at the command prompt:
UNIX or Linux
Determine the Xilinx installation directory by typing the following:
NOTE: You might need to have system administrator privileges to install the patch.
2. After installing the patch, regenerate the Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper from COREGen. The wrapper files produced contain the fixes mentioned above.