This Answer Record describes improvements made in the OPB 10/100 Ethernet MAC (opb_ethernet_v1_01_a) in EDK 6.3.01i.
Please refer to (Xilinx Answer 19232) for improvements that were made to the OPB 10/100 EMAC v1.01a Core in EDK 6.2.02i.
Please refer to (Xilinx Answer 19231) for improvements that were made to the OPB 10/100 EMAC v1.01a Core in EDK 6.2.01i.
In addition to the previous fixes mentioned in the above Answer Records, the following bug fixes/enhancements are in the EDK 6.3.01i release of the OPB 10/100 EMAC v1.01a Core:
- A change was made to the receive circuitry to fix a problem that could occasionally cause receive data to be corrupted or cause the receive operation to hang. This would be most likely to occur in systems that require discarding a large number of received traffic because the receive traffic could not be processed quickly enough causing the receive packet FIFO to fill up.
- The following changes where made to the opb_ipif portion of the core. The opb_ipif is located in the opb_ipif_v2_00_h library.
- Timeout function added for IPIC reads that are part of a locally mastered write.
- Removed susceptibility to spurious IPIC write under (usually rare) bus-load-dependent conditions.
- Removed susceptibility to delayed Bus2IP_RdCE under (usually rare) bus-load-dependent conditions.
- Removed susceptibility to dropout of read request to read FIFO under (usually rare) bus-load-dependent conditions.