1. In Virtex-II Pro-X and Virtex-4 devices, the LOSSOFSYNC signal seems only to apply to 64b/66b encoding. Is this correct?
2. Does 8b/10b mode have a LOSSOFSYNC indicator? (The Virtex-II Pro-X and Virtex-4 RocketIO User Guides seem to indicate not.)
3. If 8b/10b mode does not have a LOSSOFSYNC indicator, can LOSSOFSYNC be "decoded" from some other condition?
1. Yes, the LOSSOFSYNC signal, which indicates when Block Sync is lost, is only applicable in 64b/66b mode.
2. No, there is no LOSSOFSYNC FSM as in Virtex-II Pro devices. Users must implement this logic directly.
3. Yes it can, as the FSM is essentially built into the fabric. Signals that can be used to build this FSM include: