6.1i COREGen - CORE Viewer reports incorrect resource utilization for XST-based cores (Xilinx Answer 14676) 6.3i CORE Generator - "ERROR:NgdBuild:76" given for CORE Generator ".ngc" file (Xilinx Answer 20483) 7.1i CORE Generator - Some CORE Viewer data, from footprint, is not readable (Xilinx Answer 20692) 7.1i CORE Generator - COREGen will not launch. Error messages: "Could not reserve enough space for object heap" and "Could not create the Java virtual machine" (Xilinx Answer 20708) 7.1i CORE Generator - COREGen returns message "ERROR:coreutil:195 - Could not create Java virtual machine" - JVM (Xilinx Answer 20780) 7.1i CORE Generator - "ERROR:sim:4 - Could not create clean working directory \\<unc_path>\myproj\tmp\_cg." (Xilinx Answer 20721) 7.1i CORE Generator - No IP is available for Automotive parts (Xilinx Answer 20765) 7.1i CORE Generator (Japanese version) - If the underscore "_" character is used in a component name, the character is written out as a pipe character "|". For details on this possible naming issue when using a machine with a Japanese 106-character keyboard, see (Xilinx Answer 15312). 7.1i CORE Generator - Error occurred while executing formal verification script "core2formal_wrp" (Xilinx Answer 20715) 7.1i CORE Generator - Attempting to open a core customization GUI opens the data sheet for the selected IP core. (Xilinx Answer 21364) 7.1i HDL Parsers - "ERROR:HDLParsers:3281 - "<filename>" Line <line number>. behavioral is not an architecture body for <core_name> in library XilinxCoreLib" (Xilinx Answer 21938)
Install the IP Update using one of the following methods:
Method 1: Automated Update using the Updates Installer
1. Start the CORE Generator Update Installer (from the CORE Generator Main GUI, select Tools -> Update Installer). If you are prompted for a proxy host, contact your administrator to determine the proxy host address and port number that you should be using to get through your firewall. 2. Select " ISE 7.1i IP Update 3 (FTP)," or " ISE 7.1i IP Update 3 (HTTP)" from the list of updates in the Available Packages panel, depending on which mechanism works best for you. 3. Click "Add To Install Queue" to add the zip file for the update to the install queue. If you are prompted to enter a login name and password, use the Xilinx login and password that you normally use to download IP Updates and Service Packs. 4. Click "Install All Packages From Queue" to automatically initiate a download of the update. After the update is downloaded, the Updates Installer displays a dialog box indicating that it is terminating the CORE Generator session and installing the downloaded archive. Another dialog box will indicate when the update installation is complete; you can then restart CORE Generator. 5. To confirm that you have installed the update properly, check the following file: C:\Xilinx\coregen\install\install_history
NOTE: This step assumes that your Xilinx design tools are installed in C:\Xilinx.
NOTE: Before you can access this page and the files listed on it, you must be registered for CORE Generator IP Updates access.
3. Extract the ".zip" file (71i_ip_update3zip) or "tar.gz" (71i_ip_update3.tar.gz) archive to the root directory of your Xilinx design tools installation. Allow your extractor utility to overwrite all existing files and maintain the directory structure pre-defined in the archive.
PC Unzip the ".zip" file using WinZip 7.0 SR-1 or later. The Xilinx design tools installation directory is typically located at "C:\XILINX", if the installation defaults were used. You can verify the location of the Xilinx install by entering the following on the DOS command line: echo %XILINX%
NOTE: When extracting the files using WinZip, you have to check the Use Folder Names option.
UNIX Use UnZip to unpack the ".zip" file. Xilinx recommends that you download the "tar.gz" file and unpack it using the UNIX command line gunzip and tar utilities. WinZip and GNU tar are not recommended for extracting the "tar.gz" archive because of differences in the way they handle files with long path names. See (Xilinx Answer 11162) for more details.
If you have already installed your Xilinx ISE design tools, the Xilinx installation directory location is the value of the XILINX variable, which is defined by your setup script. After sourcing your Xilinx setup script, enter the following to determine the location of your Xilinx installation: echo $XILINX
You might need system administrator privileges to install the update.
4. Restart CORE Generator. During start-up, CORE Generator automatically detects that new IP has been added to your installation. It allows you to specify which IP customizers (cores) will be visible in your currently active CORE Generator project. For your current project, you can select the following: - Display only the latest versions for "All" cores in the catalog. - Update the catalog view to add only "New" cores to the display. - Make a "Custom" selection of cores visible in the CORE Generator catalog display for your current project.
5. Determine whether the installation was successful by verifying that the new cores are visible in the CORE Generator GUI.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 2 to 4) - Windows XP Home (Service Pack 1)/Professional (Service Pack 1) - Sun Solaris 8/9 - Linux Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 (32 bit and 64 bit)
NOTE: IP Updates are cumulative (IP Update 3 contains all of the cores available in IP Update 1 and IP Update 2).
b>What's New in the CORE Generator application
- New C++-based IP customization GUIs available for most new core versions in this release load and display faster on your desktop. - CORE Generator now passes device-specific data to the customization GUIs instead of just the device architecture family. This enables CORE Generator to optimize the generated core for the specific device and also prevents you from trying to generate a core that would be too large for a particular device.
MXE Simulation Library
The cores delivered with this IP Update require updated XilinxCoreLib libraries. For information on how to obtain the latest pre-compiled MXE libraries, see (Xilinx Answer 10616).