This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE 10-Gigabit Ethernet MAC v7.0 Core which was released in 8.1i IP Update #1 and includes the following:
- New Features in v7.0
- Bug Fixes in v7.0
- Known Issues in v7.0
For installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 22155).
New Features in v7.0
- Support added for ISE 8.1i
- Support added for Cadence IUS (NC-Sim and associated compiler)
- Core now includes option to use Deficit Idle Count to control Inter-Frame Gap
Bug Fixes in v7.0
- CR 209028: The Example Design does not handle short frames correctly. The FIFO can freeze if short frames are passed to the FIFO. The problem occurs on both transmit and receive.
- CR 210571 : The MAC can lock up if a pause_req is asserted while the transmitter is disabled either by MDIO or configuration vector.
Known Issues in v7.0
- Example design FIFOs require modification for Deficit Idle Count mode. For more information on this issue and a patch, see (Xilinx Answer 23199).