Is it possible to disconnect the cable from the PC while waiting for a trigger condition to occur?
Yes, this is possible provided the ChipScope client remains open the whole time. The following steps allow you to disconnect the cable:
1) Arm trigger in ChipScope Analyzer
2) From the "JTAG Chain" pulldown, uncheck "Auto Core Status Poll"
3) From the "JTAG Chain" pulldown, choose "Close Cable"
4) You may now remove the cable
When putting the cable back, do the following:
1) Reconnect Cable
2) Choose "Open Cable" from the "JTAG Chain" pulldown
3) Recheck "Auto Core Status Poll"
4) You will now see the data in the wave window if the trigger has occurred