This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE Gigabit Ethernet MAC v8.0 Core, which was released in 8.2i IP Update 1 and includes the following:
- New Features in v8.0
- Bug Fixes in v8.0
- Known Issues in v8.0
For installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 23479).
New Features in v8.0
- Support added for ISE 8.2i
- Support added for Virtex-5
- Improved example design hierarchy for core portability
Bug Fixes in v8.0
Known Issues in v8.0
- The current CORE Generator constraints for the example design do not constrain the paths from host to mdio_logic or from mdio_logic to host. For more information on this issue, see (Xilinx Answer 23752).
- Multicast pause frames are not recognized by MAC when Flow Control is enabled. For more information and a way to work around this issue, see (Xilinx Answer 24554).