This Answer Record shows how to migrate the SPI-4.2 Core from v8.1 to v8.2, and describes the signal changes made to the core. Every attempt was made to keep the constraints, input, and output signals consistent between versions. This Answer Record covers those modifications required to upgrade from v8.1 to v8.2.
The following sections are included:
- XCO parameter changes
- Core Signal Changes
- Wrapper File Changes
- UCF and NCF File Changes
XCO Parameter Changes
Following new parameters are introduced in v8.2 core:
Please see User Guide for specific information.
Core Signal Changes
1) SrcBurstLen[9:0]: The width of the SrcBurstLen bus in the Source Core is increased to 10 (SrcBurstLen[9:0]) to support
maximum unsegmented source core packet size of 16k bytes(SrcBurstLen)
2) If "Generate Dedicated Input IDELAYCTRL Reset" option is selected from the GUI, the following optional signal
is added to the v8.2 Sink Core:
- SnkIdelayCtlRst (Input): Sink Dedicated IDELAYCTRL Reset. Active high signal that asynchronously resets all
the IDELAYCTRL primitives instantiated in the Sink core.
3) If "Generate Continuous Alignment Halt Pin" option is selected from the GUI, the following optional signal is added to the v8.2 Sink Core:
- SnkCDPAHalt (Input): Phase Alignment DPA halt. Active high signals suspends the pointer adjustment or continuous DPA operation.
4) If "Generate Advance DPA Diagnostic Ports" option is selected from the GUI, the following optional signals are
added to the v8.2 Sink Core:
- SnkDPADiagWin (Input): Phase Alignment DPA Diagnostics. Active high signal that enables the user to find the valid data window during operation for each bit of the SPI-4.2 bus.
- SnkDPAAddrRst (Input): Phase Alignment DPA Ram Address Reset. Active high signal that clears the SnkDPARamAddr counter.
- SnkDPAAddrEn (Input): Phase Alignment DPA Ram Address Enable. Active high signal that enables the SnkDPARamAddr counter.
For more information, see the SPI-4.2 Core v8.2 User Guide.
Wrapper File Changes
The v8.2 wrapper file replaces the v8.1 wrapper file.
UCF File Changes
The UCF file must be updated by replacing all SPI-4.2 constraints in the UCF file with SPI-4.2 constraints provided in the v8.2 release (use the v8.2 UCF files instead of the v8.1 UCF files).