What are the Known Issues for Spartan-3A in the ISE 8.2.03i software?
ISE 8.2, Service Pack 3 has the following known issues for Spartan-3A:
- Limited PACE/Floorplanner support.
-- Banking rules are not supported in Pace.
- Speed files are at preview status and are based on Spartan-3E data.
- No IBIS file support available yet. Spartan-3A I/O will be significantly different than any other family.
- XC3S50A, XC3S200A, and XC3S400A bitstreams might need to be re-generated in a future design tools release.
--- For the XC3S400A, you will have to re-implement the entire design in a future design tools release.
- PCI Core and PCI interfacing are not yet supported.
- ChipScope is not yet supported.
- Higher-drive LVCMOS outputs constrainted to banks 0 and/or 2 are allowed in SW but not supported in the silicon.
- The BSDL files included in the 8.2.03i release are not the most recent. Please use the BSDL files at the Xilinx Download Center:
Note: Please check the Spartan-3A Errata for information on silicon issues.
For any additional information on Spartan-3A, please visit the home page at:
If you have any questions, please contact Xilinx Technical Support: