This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE Gigabit Ethernet MAC v8.2 Core, which was released in 9.1i IP Update 1 and LogiCORE Gigabit Ethernet MAC v8.2.1 Core, which was released in 9.1i IP Update 2. It includes the following:
- New Features in v8.2
- New Features in v8.2.1
- Bug Fixes in v8.2
- Known Issues in v8.2
For v8.2 installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 24307). The v8.2.1 core adds support for Spartan-3A DSP. For v8.2.1 installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 24628).
New Features in v8.2
- Support added for ISE 9.1i.
- Moved IDELAY/IODELAY components in Virtex-4/Virtex-5 implementations off the relevant clock input and onto data and control signals.
- Example design FIFOs updated to provide a more robust solution.
New Features in v8.2.1
- Support added for Spartan-3A DSP.
Bug Fixes in v8.2
- CR 430693: IDELAYCTRL reset pulse needs to be extended to meet new guidelines for Virtex-4 and Virtex-5 devices
- CR 428521: Modified address filter to correctly count statistics for runt frames (<= 5 bytes)
- CR 432150: Updated address filter to correctly recognize Multicast Pause frames (Xilinx Answer 24554)
- CR 429554: Corrected block diagram on page 5 of data sheet
Known Issues in v8.2