This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE Ethernet 1000BASE-X PCS/PMA or SGMII v8.1 Core, which was released in 9.1i IP Update 1 and LogiCORE Ethernet 1000BASE-X PCS/PMA or SGMII v8.1.1 Core, which was released in 9.1i IP Update 2. It includes the following:
- New Features in v8.1
- New Features in v8.1.1
- Bug Fixes in v8.1
- Known Issues in v8.1
For v8.1 installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 24307). The v8.1.1 Core adds support for Spartan-3A DSP. For v8.1.1 installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 24628).
New Features in v8.1
- Support added for ISE 9.1i.
- Updated Virtex-4 RocketIO attributes to conform to latest recommendations.
- Updated Virtex-5 RocketIO attributes and Reset Circuitry to conform to latest recommendations.
- Virtex-4 GMII/TBI: moved IODELAY elements off the relevant clock input to the data and control inputs.
New Features in v8.1.1
- Support added for Spartan-3A DSP
Bug Fixes in v8.1
- CR 430092: Typo in Virtex-5 Verilog SGMII example design causes it to always run at 1Gb/s. For more information, refer to (Answer Record 243277)
- CR 430693: IDELAYCTRL reset pulse needs to be extended to meet new guidelines for Virtex-4 and Virtex-5 devices
Known Issues in v8.1
- Virtex-5 LXT ES silicon requires transmit signals between the fabric and GTP to be registered and locked down in order to meet timing. These registers are not included in version 8.1 of the core, but if LXT ES silicon is being used, the previous version of the core v8.0 did have these registers; refer to (Xilinx Answer 24165) for more information.
- Virtex-5 Timing simulation might fail with transmit data mismatch. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 24729).
- Virtex-5 GTP User Guide and Wizard updated the default recommended termination settings after this version of the core was released. This changed to External AC coupling only and the attribute RCV_TERM_VTTRX was changed from TRUE to FALSE. See the GTP User Guide RX Temination section for more information. This attribute update has been made in v9.0 and later cores.