According to (Xilinx Solution 24211), ISE 8.2.03i supports only Virtex 5 LX50 and LX50T. My design is targeting a V5 LX110 device. I have ISE 9.1i installed, but since EDK 9.1 is not released yet, I cannot upgrade my 8.2i design (which includes an EDK processor system) to 9.1i. What can I do?
Considering you have generated your system's NCD file in EDK or ISE 8.2i, you can work around this limitation by using 9.1 BitGen and Data2mem to generate a bitstream from it and run data2mem afterward.
The steps are the following:
1. Run implementation in ISE/EDK 8.2i
2. Change your environment variable to point to ISE 9.1i
3. Open up a command window (cmd)
4. Run BitGen there to generate a bitstream. An example command line is below:
bitgen -f system_stub.ut system_stub
5. Run data2mem to update the bitstream. An example command line is below:
data2mem -bm edkBmmFile_bd.bmm -bt system_stub.bit -bd executable.elf -o b download.bit