(Xilinx Answer 20478) 9.1i CORE Generator - A CORE Generator project created on a PC does not behave properly on Linux and Solaris systems
(Xilinx Answer 21955) 9.1i CORE Generator - An error occurred while running Java; this may be due to memory limitations
(Xilinx Answer 22549) 9.1i ISE/CORE Generator - When running Manage Cores through Project Navigator on Linux 32, IP cores cannot be customized when Java memory is set to 2048 or above
(Xilinx Answer 22601) 9.1i CORE Generator - Fragmented or seemingly incomplete error messages are being displayed in the CORE Generator console window
(Xilinx Answer 23395) 8.2i CORE Generator - Some IP cores provided in CORE Generator have incomplete or inaccurate simulation models
(Xilinx Answer 24114) - 9.1i CORE Generator - "WARNING:Sim:NetListWriters - The output generated using -ecn option when targeting Virtex-5 currently does not create a simulatable formal verification netlist"
Install the IP Update by following one of the two methods listed below:
Method 1: Automated Update using the Web Installer
1. Start the CORE Generator Web Installer (from the CORE Generator main GUI, select Help -> Software Update...). This starts the WebUpdate application. If you are prompted for a proxy host, contact your administrator to determine the proxy host address and port number that you should be using to get through your firewall.
2. Select "ISE 9.1i IP Update 3" from the list of updates in the Available Packages panel.
If you are prompted to enter a login name and password, use the Xilinx login and password that you normally use to download IP Updates and Service Packs.
3. Click OK to initiate a download of the update. After the update is downloaded, the WebUpdate Installer displays a dialog box indicating that it is terminating the CORE Generator session and installing the downloaded archive. Another dialog box will indicate when the update installation is complete; when this appears, you can then restart CORE Generator.
4. To confirm that you have installed the update properly, select Help -> About.
Method 2: Manual Installation
Use this method if you are behind a firewall and do not know your proxy settings:
1. Close the CORE Generator application, if it is running.
2. Download the appropriate ".zip" file from the following location: