How do I install a patch for an IP Core in the XPS (EDK) after receiving the "patch.zip" file?
The procedure below is for EDK 9.1i and future releases. Also, review (Xilinx Answer 29073) for prior EDK releases.
Install the patch zip files into a separate EDK repository. Indicate the path name of this repository in your XPS project that uses this patch, and recompile all EDK simulation libraries so that the zip files are incorporated. The latter step is necessary because the patch can contain files that modify the behavior or interface of cores already present in the EDK install.
1. Unzip the licensing zip files into your HOME directory on UNIX or into C:\ (on Windows).
2. Create directory:
3. Unzip patch zip files into <edk-patch-repository> (i.e., XilinxProcessorIPLib).
4. Specify to XPS where the new patch is located. If the patch contains cores, you must recompile your EDK simulation libraries ensuring that the files from the patch are incorporated. In your XPS project, browse and place the <edk-patch-repository> directory as a repository in the "Global Peripheral Repository". The Global Peripheral Repository is located in Edit --> Preferences of the Aplication Preferences. The new core or the latest patch appears under "Global Peripheral Repositories" in the IP Catalog tab in the Project Information Area of the XPS window.
5. If the patch contains cores, run the Simulation Library Compilation Wizard as follows:
a. In the "Simulation" Tab in you XPS project, select "Compile Simulation Libraries" to launch the Simulation Library Compilation Wizard.
b. In the panel that contains information about compiling EDK simulation libraries, select "I want to Compile other project specific simulation libraries". Select "Next" and "Next".
c. Add <edk-patch-repository> in the panel that contains data about other peripheral repositories.
d. Go through the rest of the panels.
6. After the simulation libraries have been compiled and the wizard is finished, ensure that the compiled library simulation paths are correctly set in the Simulation Libraries Path fields in the Project Options "HDL and Simulation" panel.
NOTE: If you want your XPS project to ignore the <edk-patch-repository>, unset the Peripheral Repository field in the Project Options Device and Repository panel. Re-run the Simulation Library Compilation Wizard (as indicated above) without selecting "Compile simulation libraries for other peripheral repositories".