Double-clicking a Project Navigator project file (*.ise) does not open the project in the correct version of Project Navigator.
Two things are required by Windows operating Systems in order for an .ise file to be properly associated with Project Navigator.
- The Explorer file association must be set properly.
1. From Windows Explorer, select Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types.
2. In the list of Registered file types, find "ISE" in the Extensions column.
3. The File Types should display "ISE File", and the ISE logo icon should be in front of the ISE extension. If this is not the case, select "Change..." and select ise or browse to ise.exe in the "%Xilinx%\bin\nt" directory.
- The file type must be properly registered.
1. Open the registry editor using: Start -> Run -> Regedit.
2. Find the Key: CLASSES_ROOT\iseFile\shell\open\Command
3. Edit the default value to point to the correct version of ISE. Example: C:\xilinx10/bin/nt/ise.exe %1