This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for System Generator for DSP 9.2.01.1029.
NOTE: This optional plugin adds support for the XtremeDSP Kit Development board Spartan-3A DSP rev D, the Spartan-3A Video Starter Kit, and the RoHS compliant Virtex-4 XtremeDSP Development Kit. If you own the "rev C" version of the Spartan-3A DSP board, you do not need this plugin.
For more details about the Spartan-3A DSP board plugin or to determine if you should install it, see (Xilinx Answer 30092).
For more details about the RoHS compliant Virtex-4 DSP board plugin or to determine if you should install it, see (Xilinx Answer 30294).
Plugin Installation Instructions
1. Before you install this plugin, ensure that the following items are installed on your machine:
- ISE 9.2i Implementation tools and Service Pack 3 (or later) from Xilinx
- IP Update #2 for ISE 9.2i
- System Generator for DSP 9.2.01.1028
- MATLAB R2006b or R2007a from MathWorks
2. Download the file "systemgenerator_9.2.01.1029_installer.zip" and extract it to a temporary directory (in the following steps, it is assumed that the zip file is extracted to C:\Temp).
3. If you have any MATLAB sessions open, close them and restart MATLAB (do not open any designs during the patch install).
4. In the MATLAB command window, enter the following to start the installation process:
> cd C:\Temp
Follow any prompts from the GUI. The files are installed into your System Generator for DSP 9.2.01 installation. The version information is updated to reflect the installation of the patch.
5. Restart MATLAB.
6. To check the version information, enter the following in the MATLAB command window:
The installed version of System Generator for DSP should be 9.2.01.1029.
For more details about this plugin or to determine if you should install it, see (Xilinx Answer 30130).