This Release Note and Known Issues Answer Record is for the LogiCORE Initiator/Target for PCI-X v6.7 released in ISE 10.1 IP Update 1 and contains the following information:
- General Information
- New Features
- Bug Fixes
- Known Issues
For installation instructions, general CORE Generator known issues, and design tools requirements, see the IP Release Notes Guide at: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/xtp025.pdf
The LogiCORE PCI v6.7 supports Virtex-5 and newer architectures only. For all other devices, use the v5.165 PCI-X Core. For more information on this core, refer to (Xilinx Answer 30118).
- Added support for 10.1 SP1
CR 455162 - PCI-X Core no longer meets timing in ISE 10.1
ISE 10.1 reports timing failure on a design that ISE 9.2i and earlier reported as meeting timing. ISE 10.1 is correct; previous versions erroneously reported timing success resulting from a faulty PLL timing model. This required a change to the internal clocking structure. A DCM is now used to generate the global clock.
CR 447306 - Unusually low Latency Timer setting can cause faulty IRDY# disconnect sequence in PCI-X mode
When initiating a transaction, the Initiator/Target for PCI-X incorrectly deasserts IRDY# after the first ADB (but leaves FRAME# asserted) if ALL the following conditions are met:
- The transaction starts three or fewer data phases before the next ADB
- GNT# is deasserted between the first assertion of FRAME# and the first assertion of TRDY#
- The latency count expires before the first assertion of TRDY#
- See (Xilinx Answer 30518) regarding use of RCLK in embedded designs for PCI-X 133 MHz.
- CR472742: Timing issues might occur with certain devices for PCI-X 133 or 66 MHz designs. To fix this issue, open the UCF and locate the DESKEW_ADJUST parameter applied to the DCM. The correct setting for this parameter is as follows:
PCI-X 133 MHz:
All other devices: 8
PCI-X 66 MHz
XC5VLX110, LX110T, FX70T and FX100T: 7
All other devices: 8
- Refer to the release notes text file,"pcix_release_notes.txt," delivered with the core for known issues at the time of the release.
05/07/2008 - Added CR472742; changed reference to AR30518.
04/18/2008 - Initial release