This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE 10-Gigabit Ethernet MAC v8.5 Core which was released in ISE 10.1 IP Update 2, and contains the following information:
- New Features
- Bug Fixes
- Known Issues
For installation instructions, general CORE Generator known issues, and design tools requirements, see the IP Release Notes Guide at: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/xtp025.pdf.
-In-band FCS mode can be enabled with WAN mode.
- WAN mode disabled when In-band FCS mode is enabled.
- Incorrect IFG length can be seen when using WAN mode. In WAN mode over time with certain sized packets, the overall IFG length can be slightly larger or smaller than described in the specification. This is not an issue when operating in LAN mode.
- Transmitted IFG contains extra bytes for certain frame sizes with In-band FCS passing enabled. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 30649).
- After going full, RX FIFO stays full. For more information and a work-around, see (Xilinx Answer 30187).
- WAN mode not supported for Virtex-II Pro devices.
- In 10.1sp2, timing errors have been experienced in some Virtex-4 and Virtex II Pro Implementations.
For Virtex-4: to resolve these errors, try removing the -timing switch from MAP.
For Virtex II Pro: to resolve these errors, try turning on MPPR (Multi Pass Place and Route).
- In 10.1 SimPrim Post PAR timing simulation, the simulation does not always work as expected. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 30815).