AR# 3562: 4.2i Foundation, XABEL - An error message reports: "XABEL.EXE not found"
4.2i Foundation, XABEL - An error message reports: "XABEL.EXE not found"
Keywords: XABEL, ABEL, XABEL.EXE, not, found
General Description: When I attempt to synthesize an ABEL design, an error reports that "XABEL.EXE is not found". However, when I look in the $XILINX\BIN\NT directory, XABEL.EXE is indeed there. What is causing this error?
This problem may be caused by an invalid registry path entry. (NOTE: Whenever you modify the registry through the Registry Editor, it is good practice to first use the Registry Editor to back up the registry.)
1. Invoke "regedit.exe" (from the Windows directory).
2. Select Edit -> Find, and search for DIOEDA.
3. Look for the subdirectory entitled "Products".
4. In this location, a subdirectory will have the title of the XABEL tool you are using; for M1, this will be "XABELM1". (NOTE: If you have more than one ABEL product listed, this may indicate another problem. Please see (Xilinx Answer 2662) for more details.)
5. Under "XABELM1", select Paths -> Bin; you will see the default path in the right-hand window. When you double-click on "Default", the path should be set to "$XILINX\BIN\NT". If this is not set properly, correct it and reboot the system.