When I invoke an ISE GUI on a UNIX machine, I receive the following error message:
Wind/U Error (192): X-Resource: DefaultGUIFontSpec (font) does not fully specify a font set for this locale.
What is the cause of this error, and how can I work around it?
This message can occur when a font specification has not been defined properly or a windows emulator such as eXceed or Reflection X has been used.
Xilinx does not currently support these products, but does support VNC.
To work around this issue, follow the steps below:
1. Discontinue use of the Windows emulator.
2. Kill and restart the emulator session.
3. Set the LOCALE environment variable to C.
1. Run /usr/X11R6/bin/xlsfonts to see what fonts are installed.
2. Create a txt file with a font from xlsfont similar to the following:
3. Run the following command:
xrdb -merge font.txt
It has been reported that the following command also seems to eliminate the problem:
However, this has not been tested, and Xilinx cannot guarantee that this will not will cause any problems to other software products.
If using NX Client:
1. Download the client side font packages from No-machine (75dpi family first).
2. Remove the .nx directory.
3. Restart NX to machine.
Was this Answer Record helpful?