Does ISE support multi-threading and how many processors can be used?
Are all device families supported?
- Only Virtex-7, Kintex-7, Virtex-6, Spartan-6 and Virtex-5 are supported.
- Only Map (Global Placement only) and PAR (Routing) support multi-threading.
- Map only supports a multi-threading number up to 2. PAR supports up to 4.
- SmartXplorer supports parallel runs, and the number of parallel runs can exceed the processor number on the machine.
- PlanAhead supports multiple jobs, and the number can be up to the processor number on the machine.
However, SmartXplorer and PlanAhead do not support multi-threading.
Multi-threading can be specified for Map and PAR using a custom strategy file.
Was this Answer Record helpful?