The following software issues are resolved in v3.1 of this core.
Enhancement request to add BIN file output from the 'makedata' script.
- Description: Certain third party SPI Flash programming tools do not accept MCS files, but do accept BIN files.
EXT Shim issues multiple/malformed 'enter 4-byte address mode' commands.
- Description: The EXT Shim in the example design, when configured for 4-byte address mode, will issue multiple 'enter 4-byte address mode commands and in certain circumstances, some might be malformed. However, the final 'enter 4-byte address mode' command is always correct and the SPI Flash will properly transition into 4-byte address mode. This is an aesthetic issue; no design failure occurs.
Single-bit error injection creates a double-bit error detection.
- Description: Injection of a single-bit error into the ECC word of the last frame with Spartan-6 controller implementations yields a double-bit error detection.
Enhancement request to remove the 'userapp' from the example design.
- Description: The 'userapp' is not functionally related to soft error mitigation and might mislead users into retaining it when the example design is migrated into end applications.
The following documentation issues are resolved in v3.1 of this core:
Specification of the pointer table created by 'makedata' is wrong.
- Description: UG764 contains a specification of the pointer table created by the 'makedata' script. It incorrectly shows the essential bits data pointer swapped with the replacement data pointer.
Enhancement request to clarify Spartan-6 device feature compatibility.
- Description: Suspend Mode and PLL Dynamic Reconfiguration are not compatible with Spartan-6 controller implementations, but this is not currently mentioned in UG764.
Specification of 'status_heartbeat' for the Spartan-6 controller is wrong.
- Description: UG764 specifies the behavior of 'status_heartbeat' as having a maximum of 128 cycles between pulses. This is incomplete, the value for Spartan-6 controller implementations is 512 cycles.
Specification of configuration memory masking behavior is incomplete.
- Description: The specification of configuration memory masking behavior is incomplete. UG764 requires elaboration of the differences between architectures, and how those may affect injection, detection, and correction functions.
Replace correction mode is not supported by the Spartan-6 controller.
- Description: Both DS796 and UG764 make references to replace correction mode in conjunction with Spartan-6 controller implementations. This feature was previously unsupported and continues to be unsupported for Spartan-6 controller implementations. This needs clarification in DS796 and UG764.
10/26/2011 - Initial Release