In designs containing TeMAC cores,the following error occurs during synthesis:
ERROR:Xst:2647 - Failed to run core generator for <hard_ethernet_mac_wrapper_fifo_generator_v4_3_1> macro.
ERROR:EDK - xst: unknown error occurred.
ERROR:EDK:546 - Aborting XST flow execution!
How can I fix this?
You can try the following:
- Ensure that the Xilinx ISE and EDK environment variables are set correctly.
- Decrease the path length of the project as there are some issues with XST and path lengths that exceed 256 characters.
- Make sure that the path does not contain spaces or unusual characters.
- Ensure that the CORE Generator tool has sufficient virtual memory (Launch CORE Generator, File -> Preferences; under the Java tab, increase the memory here).
- Make sure that the regional settings on your machine are set to English (US).
- Ensure that any Virus scanners on the system are disabled.
Was this Answer Record helpful?