The following error occurs:
13:54:25 ERROR : Unable to establish socket connection to port 2350
13:54:25 ERROR : Unable to establish communication with XMD at port 2350
This happens when:
- downloading to the FPGA (via Xilinx Tools -> Program FPGA)
- configuring JTAG settings in SDK
- attempting to open XMD from SDK
I am able to connect to XMD via command-line and iMPACT also works as expected.
The issue has been identified and is generally caused by one of the following scenarios:
- You have a stale (running, but not used or properly terminated) XMD running. Check the Windows Task Manager and terminate any extra "xmd" processes that are running.
- Some Logitech WebCams bind to port 2350 and 2357. Uninstall their applications if they exist
- Some anti-virus tools block applications from binding to IPC (interprocess communication) ports. If possible, either disable the scanner, or allow an exception for xmd.exe.
- The timeout period for SDK to make a connection was very small in ISE tool releases prior to14.1. A feature in the ISE 14.1 design tools increases the timeout in SDK.
Was this Answer Record helpful?