I would like to create a pblock for the top level.
In order to do this I wish to assign all components in the design into the pblock.
When I do this by going to "Tools -> Floorplanning -> Create Pblocks", I cannot select the top level to add.
How can I create a pblock for the top level?
The "Create Pblocks" wizard opened from "Tools -> Floorplanning" is designed to help you to create pblocks for cells in your project.
Therefore you cannot select the top level in the wizard.
To create a pblock for the top level, follow these steps.
- Open a Synthesized or Implemented design.
- Select the top level in the netlist window.
- Right click and select "Draw Pblock".
- Draw a pblock in the device window using the left button on your mouse.
- Click OK in the dialog box.
Alternatively, you can use the following tcl commands:
add_cells_to_pblock pblock_1 -top
Was this Answer Record helpful?