- Implementation Models - The models are developed to balance simplicity and accuracy.
Linear approximations are used to simplify the implementation.
- Basic Modeling Fitting - The models are calibrated against a limited set of measured data points, and those datapoints are chosen to align to key data rates and operating modes.
- Model Parameters - The models do not include all parameters, such as PRE/POST emphasis.
- Adaptation - The models do not include adaptive logic, such as DFE and CTLE, which dynamically adjusts to match the system loss.
- Process/Temperature - The process and temperature have little impact on the models
For information on what impacts the results for static power estimation from report_power see (Xilinx Answer 61291)