This answer record covers how to resolve the below error on a Windows 7 system:
To resolve this issue in Linux and versions of Windows other than Windows 7, please see (Xilinx Answer 57968).
However this method does not work in Windows 7 as changing folder permissions from Read-only is not possible.
This Answer Record documents a work-around for the Windows 7 environment.
2. Right click and select to make this IP local.
3. Once you have set the MPMC as a local pcore, go to the following location:
4. Open the file mpmc_v2_1_0.tcl and browse to line 2396.
5. Comment out lines 2396-2401.
They should look like the following:
6. Save the modified file.
In XPS select File > Close Project and then re-open the Project.
7. DRC should now work correctly, and will look similar to the following: