By default, PetaLinux 2015.2 includes the uWeb web server for hosting web content.
Is it possible to replace this with an alternative web server?
Yes, this is possible. The demonstration below will replace uWeb with another lightweight web server called BOA.
First, disable the uWeb application in the PetaLinux root filesystem configuration:
petalinux-config -c rootfs
Next, compile the BOA application:
1. Open a terminal and source the petalinux setting script.
2. Under /boa-0.94.13/src, run ./configure
3. A Makefile is now generated in /boa-0.94.13/src.
Modify it to specify the cross-compiler:
4. Modify the following files:
In boa.c, remove the following code,
In compat.h row 120, modify the following
change it to
In config.c, remove the following:
This is the block of code from line 266 to line 286.
In log.c, remove the following code segment,
5. Once the modifications are in place, run make.
The binaries boa and boa_indexer are generated under /boa-0.94.13/src
6. To finalize the build, run the following:
Create the necessary files and directory in rootfs:
An example boot image for Xilinx ZC706 is attached to this answer record.