You are using a deprecated Browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Xilinx.
abnormal program termination memory protection (or Page) fault
Many of the Xilinx programs may issue a message similar to the following
Abnormal Progam termination: Memory Protection Fault
This is usually followed by a stack dump.
There are many possible causes of this problem:
1. In the case of software running over Novell network, can be caused by
path being lengthened by Novell software to over 127 chars.
2. Installing over a network. The compression software used by Xilinx
may fail if used over a network. Install to a local drive,
then copy the software to the network.
3. Loading things in high memory in config.sys or autoexec.bat. Look
for LOADHI, LH, or LOADHI.SYS in these files. Consult your
system administrator for how to remove this.
4. Incorrect/unusual options on QEMM. Remove any uneccessary option from
QEMM in your config.sys
5. Using HIMEM.SYS instead of QEMM
6. Low memory. Try commenting out non-vital TSRs and device drivers from
your configy and autoexec, reboot and retry.
Was this Answer Record helpful?