In the MIPI CSI-2 RX Subsystem GUI, the user can set the Virtual Channel to "All" for two Virtual Channel support, but the GUI only has one option for pixel format selection.
How does the user select different pixel formats through Virtual Channels (VC)?
For example, VC0 pixel format is RAW12 and VC1 pixel format is RAW14.
Note: you can refer to the MIPI CSI-2 Product Guide (PG232) for additional information.
There are two different methods to support multiple data types using Virtual Channels:
1) The first method is to set the main data type (for example to raw12 or raw14) and set the other as RAW8 or user defined data type.
- Use Video Format Bridge (VFB) which provides the output in terms of pixels, where VFB converts byte stream from sensor to Pixel
- The output width will be auto calculated based on main data type.
- More information about the Video Format Bridge can be found in the Product Guide (PG232) under the section titled "Video Format Bridge".
2) The section method includes using two data types like Raw12 and Raw14 or Raw12 and RGB888 at the same time.
- The Video Format Bridge (VFB) should be excluded.
Note: The downside of this approach is that is no byte to pixel conversion is performed and the MIPI CSI-2 RX Subsystem just follows the byte packing.
- The output width will need to be selected as 32 or 64 at configuration time in the MIPI CSI-2 RX Subsystem GUI.
Note: The data type selection is irrelevant in this case.
- More information about the Video Format Bridge can be found in the Product Guide (PG232) under the section titled "Pixel Packing when Video Format Bridge is not present"
Was this Answer Record helpful?
Linked Answer Records
Master Answer Records