AR# 7040: COREGEN: How to cascade the Serial and Parallel ROM-based Correlators
COREGEN: How to cascade the Serial and Parallel ROM-based Correlators
General Description: The CORE Generator Correlator datasheets indicate that you can cascade these modules to create larger functions, but do not document how this can be done.
1. Determine the number of correlators which will be required to detect your match pattern. (The widest pattern that a single CORE Generator correlator can detect is 128 bits.)
2. Split the match pattern up between the component correlators. For example, if your match pattern is 256 bits wide, you will need to use two 128-bit correlators and build one correlator to detect the first half of the match pattern (the first 128 bits), and another correlator to detect the other half of the match pattern.
3. Generate the modules
Serial Correlator: -------------------------
4. Connect all the clock inputs of the cascaded correlators to the same clock source
5. Connect SDOUT of each correlator which feeds another correlator to the target correlator's SDIN pin
6. Add up the SUM outputs of each correlator component to get the overall total and register this result
Parallel Correlator: ---------------------------- 4. Connect all the clock inputs of the cascaded correlators to the same clock source 5. Split the input data into whatever size chunks each COREGEN correlator has been generated to support and feed the appropriate chunk to each correlator block 6. Add the SUM outputs together and register the resulting sum