To Initialize Block RAM
- Open the Block RAM Initialization dialog box.
- To limit the block RAM listed in the Block RAM list, enter a filter string in the Filter box and click Find. For example, to list
only block RAM containing the string "listb," type *listb* in the Filter box. The filter is not case
- From the Block RAM list, select
the block RAM to initialize.
- In the Comment box, enter a comment
for this initialization entry.
- To initialize a single address, click Single
Address. To initialize a range of addresses, click Address Range.
- In the Starting Address box, enter
the single address to initialize or the starting address of the range
- In the Ending Address box, enter
the last address of the range to initialize. This box is only visible
if you selected to set a range of addresses.
- In the Initialization Value box,
enter the initial value to be stored in the specified address or addresses.
- In the Parity Value box, enter the
parity value for the selected block RAM.
Initializing block RAM creates an INIT constraint. The new constraint appears
in the current Workspace table.
For more information about this constraint, see the Constraints
Guide in the online document collection