Initializing Distributed RAM/ROM
Use the INIT constraint sparingly.
Initialization should be handled as part of the HDL code whenever
To Initialize Distributed RAM or ROM
- Open the Distributed RAM/ROM Initialization dialog box.
- Use the Ram/ROM Type list to select
the memory type (RAM/ROM or Wide RAM ROM).
- To limit instances listed in the RAM/ROM Instance list, enter a filter string in the Filter box and click Find. For example, to list
only distributed ROM containing the string "init," type *init* in the Filter box. The
filter is not case sensitive.
- From the RAM/ROM Instance list,
select the distributed ROM to initialize.
- In the Comment box, enter a comment
for this initialization entry.
- Enter a starting and ending address for the initialization.
- In the INIT String box, enter the
initial value for the selected ROM.
Initializing distributed RAM/ROM creates an INIT constraint. The new constraint appears
in the current Workspace table.
For more information about this constraint, see the Constraints
Guide in the online document collection
Copyright © 2008, Xilinx® Inc.
All rights reserved.