Initializing Shift Registers
Use the INIT constraint sparingly.
Initialization should be handled as part of the HDL code whenever
To Initialize a Shift Register
- Open the Shift Register Initialization dialog box.
- To limit the shift register instances listed in the SR Instance list, enter a filter string in the Filter box and click Find. For
example, to list only SRL16 instances containing the string "listb,"
type *listb* in the Filter box. The filter is not case sensitive.
- From the SR Instance list, select
the shift register instance to initialize.
- In the Comment box, enter a comment
for this initialization entry.
- In the INIT string box, enter the
initial value to be stored in the specified SRL16.
This creates an INIT constraint for selected shift registers.The new constraint appears
in the current Workspace table.
For more information about this constraint, see the Constraints
Guide in the online document collection
Copyright © 2008, Xilinx® Inc.
All rights reserved.