Removing Files from a Project
You can remove files from a project that you no longer need. The
file is removed from the project, but is not
from your disk.
To Remove a Source File from a Project
- In the Design panel, select a Design View from the drop-down list.
- In the Hierarchy pane, select the file to remove.
- Do any of the following:
- Select Source > Remove.
- Click the Remove Source toolbar button .
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
- In the Confirm Remove dialog box, click Yes to remove the file from your project.
Note Optionally, you can press Shift or Ctrl to select and delete multiple files. When selecting
multiple files, the entire hierarchy of the selected files must be
visible to perform an action on the selected files.
The file is removed from your project. Removing a source
alter the status for certain processes
in the Processes pane. You may need to rerun certain processes to
bring the project up-to-date, as described in Running and Stopping Processes
© Copyright 1995–2009, Xilinx®
Inc. All rights reserved.