Schematic and Symbol Editors
Schematic and Symbol Editors Overview
The Schematic and Symbol Editors allow
you to create, view, and edit schematics and symbols as part of design
entry. A schematic is a graphical representation of your design. Symbols
are the basic elements of a schematic and represent references to
other design elements, such as IP cores or HDL modules.
Use the Schematic Editor to do the
- Create a top-level schematic that you use as input for the
Behavioral Simulation step or Synthesis step in the ISE® design
Note You can define lower levels of a schematic design using
schematic files, HDL files, IP cores, or state diagrams.
- Create a lower-level schematic to instantiate in a top-level
- Create a lower-level schematic to instantiate in a top-level Hardware Description Language (HDL) file.
- Save schematic files for archiving or view them as read-only
Use the Symbol Editor to do the
- Create a new symbol to instantiate in a schematic.
- Edit an existing symbol to instantiate in a schematic.
© Copyright 1995–2009, Xilinx®
Inc. All rights reserved.