Schematic and Symbol Editors
Drawing Wires with Manual Routing
You can add wires to the schematic
manually as follows.
Before performing this procedure, you must open
an existing schematic, or create a new schematic.
To Draw a Wire with Manual Routing
- Select Add > Wire, or click the
Add Wire toolbar button .
- In the Add Wire Options that appear in the Options panel, select Use the Manual method....
- Click the first point to be connected.
The point may be a symbol pin, another wire, or a free point
in the schematic. For some points (for example, symbol pins and wire
corners) an indicator appears in the schematic to help you locate
the exact connection point.
- Do one of the following:
- Click to draw horizontal and vertical wire segments. Each
click adds another segment until you click a connection indicator
("four squares") point, or until you double-click a point.
- Drag the cursor horizontally or vertically to the second
point and release the mouse button.
© Copyright 1995–2009, Xilinx®
Inc. All rights reserved.