Analyzing Power Consumption
XPower Analyzer is
a post-route analysis tool that enables you to interactively analyze
power consumption for Xilinx® FPGAs and CoolRunner™-II and CoolRunner XPLA3 CPLDs.
For more information, see the XPower Analyzer Help
. In the Help Viewer, click the Synchronize TOC
button to view all
related Help topics.
To Estimate Power Consumption
- In the View pane of the Design panel, select Implementation.
- In the Hierarchy pane, select the top module .
- In the Processes pane, expand Implement Design, and do one of the following:
- For FPGAs, expand the Place & Route process.
- For CPLDs, expand the Optional Implementation
- Optional. Right-click XPower Analyzer, and select Process Properties. In the XPower Analyzer Properties dialog
box, modify the properties as needed.
- Double-click XPower Analyzer.
- In the Summary view of the XPower Analyzer, review the device,
environment settings, and supply voltages, and if necessary,
make changes to reflect your system.
- Rerun analysis, and review power estimation results in
the Summary view.
XPower Analyzer launches and displays power analysis data on your
© Copyright 1995–2010, Xilinx®
Inc. All rights reserved.