High-Level Synthesis Flow on MicroBlaze using ISE
|Course Description||This course provides professors with an understanding of high-level synthesis design methodologies necessary to develop digital systems using Vivado HLS.|
|Who should attend?||Professors who are familiar with Xilinx FPGA technology and wish to get up to speed with system design using high-level synthesis technique.|
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand high-level synthesis flow of Vivado HLS
- Apply directives to optimize design performance
- Create a custom peripheral and add it to a processor system
- Introduction to HLS with Vivado HLS
- Demo: Power of Vivado HLS
- View a demo of Vivado HLS generated core for a video application.
- Using Vivado HLS
- Lab 1: Creating Project and Understanding Reports
- Experience a basic design flow of Vivado HLS and review generated output.
- Improving Performance
- Lab 2: Optimizing Performance through Pipelining
- Use pipelining technique to improve performance.
- Data Types
- Optimizing for Area and Resources
- Lab 3: Optimizing Area
- Use directives to optimize resource sharing.
- Handling Block and Port Level Protocols
- Coding Style
- Creating a Processor System
- Lab 4: Designing an Audio System
- Use pcore generation capability of Vivado HLS and integrate generated pcore in an embedded system developed using EDK.