This section of the MIG Design Assistant focuses on Simulation for the Spartan-6 UserDesign.
Note: This Answer Record is a part of the Xilinx MIG Solution Center (Xilinx Answer 34243). The Xilinx MIG Solution Center is available to address all questions related to MIG. Whether you are starting a new design with MIG or troubleshooting a problem, use the MIG Solution Center to guide you to the right information.
After using the example design to verify the simulation environment, the user design can be combined with the customer logicto run a complete user application simulation. To simulate the design successfully, use the following items as acheck list.
1. Correct source of MIG codes should be compiled. Refer to "user design/sim/functional/sim.do" to get the correct source files.
2. Simulation library path is set correctly.
3. Correct parameters ofSDRAM simulation model should be defined during compiling. Refer to sim.do file.
4. Check if more simulation space is required. By default only 1K bursts can be stored. Refer to (Xilinx Answer 42828).
5. Correct simulation library should beused. The UNISIMS and SECUREIP libraries should be in the compiling command.
6. Correct parameters should be defined in the testbench. These parameters will impact behavior of MIG core. Refer to (Xilinx Answer 43181).
7. Check clock and reset generate logic and parameters related with PLL.
8. Check simulation result and find out if calibration is done.
9. Check if correct user data is executed correctly.
10. If calibration oruser data hasaproblem, please add debug signals in the simulation to identify the error. Please refer to (Xilinx Answer 43163).
11. If all above items are reviewed, please open a WebCase.