PicoBlaze™ is a fully embedded 8-bit RISC microcontroller core optimized for 7-series and older Xilinx FPGA architectures. This reference design is offered free to Xilinx users, and comes with an easy to-use code assembler KCPSM6 (or KCPSM3 for older FPGA families), VHDL and Verilog source code, simulation models, comprehensive documentation and reference designs.
Key Features and Benefits
- Supports UltraScale, Virtex-7, Kintex-7, Artix-7, Zynq and older Xilinx FPGA families
- Very small size as small as 26 slices depending on device family
- Up to 4K 18-bit instructions
- Up to 240MHz performance
- Everything in FPGA - no external components required
- Highly integrated for implementing non-time critical state machine
- Predictable fast interrupt response
This site provides you with access to the latest PicoBlaze reference design files.
The latest version of PicoBlaze is KCPSM6 Rev 9, released September 30, 2014, supporting UltraScale™, Zynq®, 7-series, Virtex®-6 and Spartan®-6 device families.
What’s New in PicoBlaze can be found embedded in the downloaded zip file.
|PicoBlaze releases for earlier device families are available below.
|PicoBlaze for UltraScale, 7-series, 6-series FPGAs >> KCPSM6 Rev 9 – September 30, 2014 (ZIP)|
|PicoBlaze for Virtex-5 FPGAs >> KCPSM3 (ZIP)|
|PicoBlaze for Spartan-3, Virtex-4, Virtex-II and Virtex-II Pro FPGAs >> KCPSM3 (ZIP)|
|PicoBlaze for Virtex, Virtex-E, Spartan-II and Spartan-IIE FPGAs >> XAPP213 (ZIP)|
|PicoBlaze for Virtex-II, Virtex-II Pro FPGAs >> XAPP627 (ZIP)|
|PicoBlaze for CoolRunner™-II CPLDs >> XAPP387 (ZIP)|