The LogiCORE™ CPRI IP core is a high-performance IP solution that implements the Common Public Radio Interface (CPRI). The IP core uses industry leading transceivers to implement the CPRI Physical Layer and provides a compact and customizable Data Link Layer implemented in the FPGA fabric. The CPRI core is ideal for connectivity between Radio Equipment Controllers (REC) or baseband/channel cards and one or more Radio Equipment units (RE). It provides an optimized implementation supporting radio I/Q data, radio unit management, and synchronization in a single efficient protocol.
Key Features & Benefits
- Designed to CPRI Specification v7.0
- Suitable for use in both Radio Equipment, Controllers (RECs) and Radio Equipment (RE), including multi-hop systems
- 7-Series, UltraScale and UltraScale Plus supported line rates in the Table 1 below
- Automatic speed negotiation
- Configurable as master or slave, master instantiation can be switched to operate as slave via configuration port
- Supports both Ethernet and HDLC Control and Management channels
- Easy-to-use I/Q data interface together with optional modules for UMTS terrestrial radio access - frequency division duplexing (UTRA-FDD) and Evolved UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) data mappings
- Supports vendor-specific data transport including support for the passing of control AxC information in global system for mobile communications (GSM) systems
- Core includes the necessary clocking and transceiver logic to enable easy integration into your design
- Synthesizable example design and simple demonstration test bench provided
- Delay measurement capability meets CPRI Requirement 21 per CPRI Specification v7.0
- Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (RS-FEC) supported at 8,110.08 Mb/s, 10,137.6 Mb/s, 12,165.12 Mb/s and 24,330.24 Mb/s line rates
Table 1: Line Rate Support for 7-Series and UltraScale by speed grade
Tools and Device Support
Device Family Support:
Design Tools Support:
|Line Rate||Line Rate
||-2 /-3||-1||-2 /-3||-1lv||-1||-2/-3||-1lv||-1||-2/-3|
1 24330.24Mb/s line rate supported on -1 speedgrade on UltraScale+ devices using GTYE4 transceivers.
2 FEC Enabled line rates at 8110.08, 10137.6, 12165.12 and 24330.24Mb/s are available when a 24330.24Mb/s capable core is selected.
Note: Please consult the particular device family Datasheet/User Guide for exact details on configuration options supported.