The LogiCORE, Video Processing Subsystem will be a license free IP and bundled with Vivado in 2018.3.
The Xilinx® Video Processing Subsystem provides highly configurable video processing pipe handling resolutions up to 4K. The subsystem is Xilinx’s next generation video processing solution to the VIPP set of video and image processing functions. Video processing subsystem provides optimized hardware implementation for 4K and lower resolutions. The subsystem features, motion adaptive deinterlacer, scaler, color space conversion, chroma resampler and a video buffer and performs out of the box format conversion functions.
Key Features and Benefits
Next generation Video processing for 4K and beyond.
- AXI Stream input and output interface
- Video resolutions up to UHD@60 fps (both at input & output interface)
- Features high quality Multi-tap poly-phase Scaler, Motion adaptive deinterlacer, Color space conversion, Chroma resampling, Letter box functions
- Subsystem can be configured down to perform specific individual function
- Video encoding RGB 4:4:4, YUV4:4:4, YUV 4:2:2 and YUV 4:2:0)
- Deep color support (24, 30, 36 and 48-bits per pixel).
- Frame Rate Conversion
- Two or four pixel-wide video interface.
- Delivered with SW driver with well-defined API functionality for control through AXI4-lite
- Auto configuration of the processing pipe based on input and output stream properties