The TEMAC core is ideally suited for the development of high density Gigabit Ethernet communications and storage equipment.
The Xilinx Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC core is a parameterizable core ideally suited for use in networking equipment such as switches and routers. The customizable TEMAC core enables system designers to implement a broad range of integrated Ethernet designs, from low cost 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet to higher performance 2.5 Gigabit ports. The TEMAC core is designed to the IEEE 802.3 specification and operates in 2500 Mbps, 1000Mbps, 100 Mbps, and 10 Mbps modes. In 1000/2500Mbps mode, the TEMAC connects to the Xilinx 1/G2.5G PCS/PMA. In 1000 Mbps mode, the TEMAC core can also connect with industry standard PHY devices. In 10/100 Mbps mode, the TEMAC uses the MII interface. The Xilinx Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC, combined with the Ethernet 1G/2.5G PCS/PMA or SGMII core, provides a complete and highly flexible solution for the implementation of Ethernet Link and Physical layers and is available as a single IP through AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet. The TEMAC core is delivered through Vivado Design Suite and is part of the comprehensive suite of Xilinx Ethernet solutions.
Key Features and Benefits
- Designed to IEEE 802.3-2012 specification
- Supports 10/100/1000/2500 Mbps Ethernet
- Configurable half-duplex and full-duplex operation
- Configured and monitored through an optional independent microprocessor-neutral interface
- Configurable flow control through MAC Control pause frames; symmetrically or asymmetrically enabled
- Optional MDIO interface to managed objects in PHY layers (MII Management)
- Optional clock enables to reduce clock resource usage
- Support of VLAN frames to specification IEEE 802.3-2005
- Optional address filter with a selectable number of address table entries
- Configurable support of jumbo frames of any length
- Configurable inter-frame gap adjustment
- Configurable in-band FCS field passing on both transmit and receive paths
- Ethernet AVB and Ethernet Statistics integrated with TEMAC